Claudine Isaacs, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine and Oncology
Lombardi Cancer Center
Georgetown University Medical Center
Room 414A, Corridor B
3800 Reservoir Road, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Phone: 202 444-2198
Fax: 202 444-9429
Breast cancer and hereditary breast cancer
I am the co-Director of the Georgetown University Breast Cancer Program. My research interests include genetic testing, medical management, and prevention strategies for women at high risk for breast cancer. In addition, I have an interest in clinical trials in early stage and metastatic breast cancer and has served as PI on a variety of cooperative group, pharmaceutical and in-house clinical trials. I have been a long-term member of the Lombardi Cancer Center (LCC) Breast Cancer Program and the Medical Director of the Cancer and Assessment Risk Evaluation (CARE) of the LCC. I am the PI of the Cancer Genetics Network and the LCC PI of a number of cooperative group and pharmaceutical trials in early stage and metastatic disease.
- Isaacs C, Stearns V, and Hayes DF. New prognostic factors for breast cancer recurrence. Seminars in Oncology, 2001; 28:53-68
- Schwartz M, Peshkin B, Hughes C, Main D, Isaacs C, Lerman C. Impact of BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation testing on psychological distress in a clinic-based sample. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:514-520.
- Isaacs C, Peshkin BN, Schwartz M, DeMarco TA, Main D, Lerman C. Breast and ovarian cancer screening practices in healthy women with a strong family history of breast or ovarian cancer. Breast Cancer Res and Treat 2002;71:103-112.
- Rebbeck TR, Lynch HT, Neuhausen SL, Narod SA, Van ‘t Veer L, Garber JE, Evans G, Isaacs C, Daly MB, Matloff E, Olopade OI, Weber BL. Reduction in cancer risk after bilateral prophylactic oophorectomy in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. New England Journal of Medicine 2002;346:1616-22.
- Narod SA, Dube M, Lubinski J, Lynch HT, Ghadirian P, Provencher D, Heimdal K, Moller P, Isaacs C, Weber BL, Friedman E, Gershoni-Baruch R, Rennert G, Pasini B, Wagner T, Daly MB, Garber JE, Neuhausen S, Robson ME, Offit K, Ainsworth P, Olsson H, Evans G, Osborne MP, Couch FJ, Foulkes WD, Warner E, Kim-Sing C, Olopade OI, Tung N, Saal HM, Weitzel JN, Merajver SD, Gauthier-Villars M, Jernstrom H, Sun P, Brunet J. Oral Contraceptives and the risk of breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 carriers. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2002;94:1773-9.
- Peshkin BN, Schwartz MD, Isaacs C, Hughes C, Main D, and Lerman C. Utilization of breast cancer screening in a clinically based sample of women after BRCA1/2 testing. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention 2002;11:1115-8
- Stearns V, Ullmer L, Lopez J, Smith Y, Isaacs C, Hayes DF. Hot flashes: New prospects for an old problem. The Lancet 2002;360:1851-61.